Tuesday, August 18, 2009

St. Maarten


 


 


 

Ahoy! Mateys


 

I can't believe in just seven short years a full retirement awaits me. With new adventures that wait ahead, like a 30 day worldwide voyage. I think often of my early years as a carpenter apprentice, where I actually started on my pension because of the collective agreement signed by the contractors in Northern California. When you're young and dumb and just 21 you think to yourself and say, pension, who needs a stinking pension. They say hindsight is 20/20 the wisdom and the experience that went into this idea have paid off well.


 

Even though going back to work with my tools will be challenging like getting back into shape with only seven years to go for my retirement I can handle it, all I need to do is Plan my work and work my plan... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully it's not a train Ouch!


 

My long term goal is to establish a home base travel agency with a niche in the cruise vacation experience. According to Carnival Corporation statistics they have a 98% satisfaction rating and have 100% guarantee fun time or they will refund your unused fare and will take you off at the first destination and fly you home. WOW!


 

St. Maarten N.A. Netherland Antilles' FWI, French West Indies, island is shared by the Dutch and French? Legend as that a Dutchman and Frenchman divided the land with a walk off in opposite directions. It is said the Dutchman stop for a brew and thus the French ended up claiming 21 square miles and the Dutch with 16 square miles with a total of 37 square miles over all.


 

Philipsburg is the capital of the Dutch along with Marigot for the French. The island is located 144 miles east of St. Thomas and is in the Atlantic Time zone. The population of the Dutch is 32,000 along with 25,000 French. The official language is Dutch, French and English and the currency accepted is the Netherland Antilles' guilder, the euro and the U.S. dollar, along with credit cards as well.


 

I personally found the island people easygoing and according to the Princess patter (Ships Daily) it describes the island as a split personality which lends it to the islands charm and its international cuisine in the Caribbean.


 

Well my friends that will be it for now. For your cruising needs fell free to me contact at anytime or checkout my booking engine at yourtravelpirates.com also check the great deals on hotels, car rentals, vacation packages etc….


 

Latitudes and Gratitude's*

….how do you move a mighty mountain, but one wheelbarrow at a time

    

Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord. - Lamentations 3:40 NIV-Bible


 

With a hearty good bye!


 

Anchors Away,


K.W. Wallace RTA

Cell (209) 327-6167

Desk (209) 334-6436

Web Page: http://www.yourtravelpirates.com

E-Mail: sirkennethoflodi@hotmail.com

    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home